Earn Respect Biblically
It’s been said many times over in the bible that all women want is to be loved in a relationship, and all men want is to be respected in a relationship. The Bible puts it this way:In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. Ephesians 5:2 #Marriage #Love Click To Tweet
The relational differences have been an ongoing issue since the beginning of time. How to earn respect from your wife is all about communication. Getting into a fight or even a disagreement is going to happen. It's really what you do afterwards that decides if you're in a healthy relationship or not.
7 ways to earn respect from your wife!However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33 #marriage #love Click To Tweet
- Treat her with respect – do what you can to make sure your wife knows and feels loved. If you think there is a doubt in her mind about feeling loved, then you probably should listen to your prompting and say/do something to/for her.
- Never demand respect from her – respect is a two-way road and to get the respect you want from her, you have to essentially go about it in a way that doesn’t berate, bully, or belittle her. You know… be nice, loving, caring, attentive, and all the rest of those good adverbs. Earn respect from her, don’t take it.
- Put people ahead of yourself, including her on a regular basis – That’s something that really makes her feel loved and special. When they feel that they are special they will begin to respect you. Notice, that when a leader exalts himself, they usually get rebellion in return. When they put other people first, they get love from those he/she leads. In turn they will follow that leader for as long as that leader treats his people in that manner.
- Be a servant first, a leader next – this point is driven home because respect is all about serving people. Look at how Jesus did it. He served people, He healed them, and made them feel loved. There are many parallels to the husband/wife relationship with Jesus and the church as well.
- Follow through on ALL of your promises – When (not if) you make a promise, it is your duty to follow through and make sure the person you promised can trust you. Trust is another part of respect.
- Don’t be lazy around the house – It speaks volumes to your partner in life, your mate, your wife for life when you can make time to help out around the house. Not just doing things outside or in the garage either. If you have kids, spend time with them. Head up chores on the day your family does chores. If you are willing and able to do this step – you are on your way to mastering how to earn respect from your wife.
- Volunteer – This is the cherry on the top, but still important. This could be as little as calling people up to organize a night out for the adults. You could be an encouragement to someone who needs it. After all, we all need to be encouraged at one point or another. It’s just our human nature and how God made us to feel loved and needed.
If you can consistently do these seven steps to earning respect from your wife for 30 days, then you are on your way to making a habit that will give you the comfort of knowing you are mastering how to earn respect from your wife!
You've heard that it takes 21 days to create a habit. According to Dr. Leaf, it takes 3 cycles of 21 days to really create a habit that will not fade away.
In order to start, all you have to do is to have the thought to start. But that's not where this should stop. Keep going and make a mental effort to follow through with your efforts.
A great movie to watch that demonstrates these simple steps is called “Fireproof“
Earn Respect One Thought At a Time
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
We would love to connect with you on our podcast platform for more great information on infusing explosive love back into your relationship.